“Instagram face” is a bona fide trend and the subject of hashtags on virtually every social media platform. If this is the first time you’ve heard of Instagram face, the phrase describes a particular look created by nonsurgical cosmetic treatments such as BOTOX Cosmetic® and dermal filler injections. At our Nashville, TN, practice, patients sometimes ask how to produce the sought-after appearance with nonsurgical treatments.
In this blog post, we’ll provide some guidance for people interested in getting the “Instagram face” look by focusing on each area of the face.
What Is ‘Instagram Face’?
This is a question you probably know the answer to if you’ve ever scrolled through the Instagram accounts of certain celebrity influencers. These are the Bella Hadids and Kardashians of social media whose selfies tend to nourish trends followed by millions of people around the world. The hallmark of the Instagram face is a wide-eyed, smooth-skinned, and pouty-lipped appearance.
Injectable procedures vary depending on the treatment area. Here’s a breakdown of how to achieve the look you want:
- Forehead: “Preventive” BOTOX treatments for patients in their 20s can delay the development of fine lines and wrinkles that form as you change facial expressions. These procedures, sometimes called “baby BOTOX,” involve injecting smaller doses than are used for patients who want to reduce existing wrinkles.
- Eye Area: Injectables, including BOTOX and fillers such as JUVÉDERM® and Restylane®, can give the brow a lifted appearance, minimize crow’s feet, and treat dark circles below the eye. It’s not really Instagram face without the wide eyes and elevated brow.
- Cheeks: Another must-have feature of the Instagram face look are prominent, sculpted cheekbones. JUVÉDERM VOLUMA®, which restores volume to the cheeks, can create the high cheekbones that are associated with beauty—Instagram or no Instagram.
- Nose: If you’re not one of the few people born with a straight, ever-so-slightly upturned nose, not to worry. You don’t need a nose job (at least not for a temporary fix). Nonsurgical rhinoplasty techniques using injectable treatments can create a contoured nose without recovery time.
- Mouth: Restylane Silk and JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® are fillers designed specifically for lip augmentation. When used conservatively, these fillers can create a desirable, sensuous mouth without an overly plump, injected appearance.
- Chin and jaw: A sculpted jawline and defined chin provide the final touches of Instagram face. Nonsurgical fat reduction treatments such as KYBELLA® can reduce the appearance of a double chin.
When combined with quality skincare products, these procedures can produce the Instagrammable face that you want. It’s important to make sure you choose a provider with unsurpassed expertise in nonsurgical facial contouring.
The best way to understand how dermal fillers and lip injections can create the appearance you want is to contact our Nashville office using the online form. Or give our office a call at (615) 942-8016 to schedule an appointment.