If you are thinking of having a facial peel done but do not know much about this facial treatment, Youthful Reflections wants you to have more information. You may be asking how many treatments are involved as well as how you will look? Just what are the benefits of this type of treatment and how can it help in your overall facial enhancement?
What is a ZO 3-Step Peel?
Created by Dr. Zein Obagi, the dermatologist of the well-known Obagi Skin Health Institute in Beverly Hills, the 3-step treatment is done in-office and then at home. It uses a blend of exfoliants to improve the skin and treat many signs of aging. It utilizes a Retinol, and it also includes a multi-action agent to support the ability of the skin to heal and rejuvenate itself.
Damaged layers of the skin are removed for a smoother texture. It is recommended that it be done in a series, once every month for 3 months to promote optimal results. According to Beauty in the Bag. The three steps in this treatment are:
- Step 1 is the peel treatment itself, which has a formulation to remove the outer layers of the skin. It is composed of salicylic acid (17%), trichloracetic acid (10%) and lactic acid (5%) and also contains glycerin for hydration and saponins to minimize inflammation.
- Step 2 is the retinol creme application to stimulate collagen enhancement while it firms and reduces wrinkles.
- Step 3 is the application of a Calming Crème to minimize irritation and restore moisture balance. It is applied twice daily at home following the treatment in office.
According to Dr. Obagi, post-treatment peeling is very mild or even unnoticeable in many cases, as most of the dead cells are removed by the twice daily washing following the treatment. Peeling starts day 3, post-treatment, and can continue for 7 days total. There is minimal or no downtime, and your skin will look healthier very quickly.
Some of the benefits of this treatment include:
- Diminished blemishes
- Diminished precancerous growths
- Glowing skin
- Improvement in scarring
- Antioxidant protection
Areas in which the peel treatment is effective include:
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Sun damage, brown spots, and discoloration
- Large pores
- Acne and scarring
- Rough skin texture
Schedule a consultation to see if this in-office and home treatment is right for you.
Who is Not a Candidate for This Procedure?
It is recommended that you should not get this type of treatment if you are:
- On topical or oral antibiotics
Youthful Reflections offers a host of other facial procedures that are surgical and non-surgical and that will enhance your beauty.
- Upper and lower eyelid lift
- Chin and Cheek implants
- Fat transfer
- Fractional CO2 laser resurfacing
Non- Surgical Face Procedures
- Fillers and injectables
- ZO 3-step treatment
- Peri-oral rejuvenation
- Renew procedure and liquid lift
- ZO Skin Health Skincare
With these procedures, you will look refreshed and younger, not changed or different. Dr. Boggess, whose experience is unparalleled in the Nashville area, and the staff will work with you every step of the way on your journey to be more beautiful. Cosmetic facial rejuvenation is our specialty, and you gain the benefits of expertise and experience.
Finding the right treatment at Youthful Reflections is easy with a free consultation.
Please note: Individual results may vary, as not every individual is the same.