You have arranged, or are planning to arrange, surgery for a fat transfer and may have a few questions about the period after the surgery. Questions often arise as to how soon you can go out, as well as other concerns. Youthful Reflections has some answers that will make the process easier with a bit of knowledge. You should be aware of the healing period in order to plan your life and social appearances after surgery. Dr. Boggess or the staff will have gone over the surgical plan before the procedure.
Most likely you will be going home after a period of observation. It is then that the recovery period begins. Postsurgical care will be in instructions given to you and may include the following:
- Drains, if used
- What to expect following surgery
- Any signs that are potential complications
What to Expect
You will be given instructions as to how to go about caring for the areas from which the fat was extracted. Because people vary as to how quickly they recover, there are some general guidelines, recommended by SmartBeautyGuide to follow in regard to facial fat injections:
1. During the first week, do not plan social activities, as the bruising and swelling will be significant, and you will not be ready to visit others, either professionally or socially.
2. Week 2 will bring some relief from swelling as bruising begins to resolve.
3. Usually between the seventh and tenth day, there is significant improvement. You still might not be ready to see others. If you have time coming to take off from work, it is suggested to take a week, as well as the weekend before and the weekend after. If you can get two weeks off, that is even better, especially in regard to returning to work.
4. By the third week you will look and feel more like yourself. Use makeup with careful application to hide any remaining signs of bruising or swelling.
5. Once the swelling has subsided, you will begin to appreciate the transformation. However, some swelling, though subtle, may persist for the coming weeks.
After you have healed, you can expect the area where the fat was transferred to look fuller and softer. You will look more refreshed and rejuvenated and your skin texture might also be improved. You may be asking how long it will last?
The longevity of the fat transfer will depend on:
- Skill of the surgeon
- How fat was purified after harvesting
- Where and how it was injected
Micrografting is a process that makes the transfer last and has the highest percentage of having lasting results. Touch-ups may be necessary if the fat does not take. Otherwise, it can be permanent, once a new blood supply from your body near the injected fat is established, and the area receives the needed nourishment.
It is important to stay in touch with Youthful Reflections for follow-up evaluation as well as to have answered any questions or concerns you may have.
Youthful Reflections offers a host of other procedures and skin care. The following are some of its services:
Surgical Face Procedures
- Upper Eyelid Lift and Lower Eyelid Lift
- Chin and Cheek Implants
- Fat Transfer
- Fractional CO2 Laser Resurfacing
Non-surgical Face Procedures
- Fillers and Injectables
- ZO3 Step Peel
- Peri-oral Rejuvenation
- Renew Procedure and Liquid Lift
- Skin Care
As a board certified surgeon, skilled in the latest medical techniques, Dr. Boggess has helped many enjoy the reflection they now see in their mirror. The staff is caring, and each procedure is customized to present a natural appearance as well as a response to each patient’s needs. Visit our gallery to see some of the transformations of satisfied clients.
Give us a call to have your questions answered or to schedule an appointment or consultation.
Please note: All patients are unique and individual results may vary.