If you’re over 40, you may feel like you no longer recognize the person looking back at you in the mirror. We all want to look good, and we tend to focus on our perceived imperfections. If you’re ready for some expert help to make you look your best, the team at Youthful Reflections is here for you. While we can’t turn back time, we can help you rejuvenate your appearance.
A consultation at Youthful Reflections includes a thorough discussion of what you’d like to change about your appearance and suggestions for how those changes can best be achieved. A facelift may achieve the look you want, but some of our Nashville-area patients choose to combine their facelift with a brow lift for full-face rejuvenation.
Can a Facelift Look Natural?
Yes! We understand that you’ll want the result to be realistic. One of the fears many people have comes from seeing patients who’ve ended up with an unnatural, “plastic” look. You certainly don’t want this type of result because it can be difficult to correct.
Youthful Reflection’s plastic surgeon, Dr. Michael Boggess, has more than 20 years of experience and has focused his practice solely on facial rejuvenation procedures. With his knowledge, experience, and expertise, he has perfected facial rejuvenation techniques that give his patients natural-looking results.
Check out more before-and-after photos to see further examples of the type of results we achieve for our facelift patients.
How Do I Find the Best Facelift Surgeon for My Needs?
Finding the right specialist to achieve the results you want is the first and most crucial step. One wrong procedure can leave you with unnatural-looking results that you may have to live with for the rest of your life.
Here are some things to pay attention to and questions to ask when you are reviewing facial plastic surgeons:
- Does the doctor and their staff take the time to listen to what you have to say? Do you feel comfortable talking to them?
- Is the doctor willing to customize the procedure based on your individual anatomy and goals? Do they give you suggestions for what will work best and talk to you about realistic expectations?
- Is the doctor capable of achieving the results that you desire, as demonstrated by before-and-after pictures of patients with similar facial features and signs of aging?
- Is the specialist board certified, and do they have the necessary skills and experience to perform the procedure?
- Does the doctor specialize in facial rejuvenation surgery?
Dr. Boggess has performed more than 6,500 facial rejuvenation procedures and has an untarnished safety record, so you’re in good hands. But don’t just take our word for it. Check out our reviews to read what our patients have to say. A successful surgery with Dr. Boggess can give you confidence boost you need.
What Questions Should I Ask About the Procedure?
In preparation for your surgical consultation, research your procedure so you come prepared with questions to ask and have an idea of what to expect with a facelift.
When discussing your procedure, be sure to address the following:
- Whether you’re a good candidate for the procedure
- The benefits you can expect
- The possible risks involved
- The type of anesthesia that will be used
When you arrive for your consultation, be prepared to present your medical history information. Be sure to provide all the necessary details, including any health problems that your immediate family has experienced. Remember to disclose the list of supplements and medications that you’re currently taking. A good tip is to use your phone to take pictures of all the medications you take so that you’ll have the dosage information handy.
What Should I Talk to My Surgeon About?
Cosmetic surgery is a serious step, and it’s critical that you discuss your goals thoroughly with your surgeon. During your consultation, be ready to discuss the following:
- Motivation: Explain why you want to undergo the procedure. Most people opt for surgical treatment because they want to refresh their appearance. Perhaps you’re hoping for an increase in your confidence after the procedure.
- Expectations: This part is the most crucial. You and your surgeon need to communicate effectively about your desired results. While Dr. Boggess can make you look younger and bring out the best version of yourself, it’s important to have realistic expectations.
- Emotions: If you have doubts or concerns, now’s the best time to speak up. Dr. Boggess will talk through these emotions with you to make sure the procedure is the best fit for you.
Request a Consultation
Do you think you’re ready for a facelift? If you’re interested in speaking with Dr. Boggess about how to best achieve your aesthetic goals, call our office today at (615) 942-8016 or request a consultation online.