If you are over 40, you may look in the mirror and think that the person staring back at you does not look anything like you anymore. Of course, you, like almost everyone, want to look good, and we all tend to focus on what we think is wrong with our looks instead of what we think is right. If you are ready for some help to make you look your best, the facial experts at Youthful Reflections are here for you. We cannot turn back time, but there are ways to help rejuvenate your appearance.
When you schedule a consultation at Youthful Reflections, it will include a full and thorough discussion of what you would like to change about your appearance and then suggestions for how those changes can best be achieved. A facelift may be your best and most effective choice. The problem that many people find is that it can be difficult to voice your wishes and desired outcome. We understand that you will want the result to be realistic. One of the fears many people have of cosmetic procedures comes from seeing patients who have ended up with an unnatural “plastic” look. You certainly do not want this to be the result of your procedure, because it can be difficult to correct. Youthful Reflection’s Dr. Boggess has more than 19 years of experience, and he has focused his practice solely on facial rejuvenation procedures. Thanks to his knowledge, experience, and expertise, he has perfected facial rejuvenation techniques that give his patients natural-looking results.
Visit our Before and After page to see our patients’ results
Finding the right specialist to achieve the results you want is the first, and most crucial, step when you begin researching facial plastic surgery.
How to Choose a Facial Plastic Surgery Specialist
Choosing the right professional to perform your facelift is a very important choice. One wrong procedure can leave you with terrible results that you may have to live with for the rest of your life. Over his 19 years of practice, Dr. Boggess has performed more than 6,500 facial rejuvenation procedures and has an untarnished safety record. You will know you are in good hands when you choose Dr. Boggess. But don’t just take our word for it, check out our reviews to read what our patients have to say. With your successful surgery with Dr. Boggess, you can have the confidence boost you need.
Do your research in advance and it will save you time and money in the end. Here are some questions to ask when you are reviewing facial plastic surgeons.
• Does the doctor and his or her staff take the time to listen to what you have to say? Do you feel comfortable talking to them?
• Is the doctor willing to customize the procedure based on your individual anatomy and goals? Do they give you suggestions for what will work best and talk to you about realistic expectations?
• Is the doctor capable of achieving the results that you desire, as demonstrated by before and after pictures of patients with similar aging changes?
• Is the specialist board certified in Facial Plastic Surgery or Plastic Surgery, and does he or she have the necessary skills and experience to perform the procedure?
• Does the doctor specialize in facial rejuvenation surgery?
The answer is yes to all of these questions for Dr. Boggess of Youthful Reflections.
Questions to Ask About a Cosmetic Procedure
In preparation for your consultation with Dr. Boggess, research your procedure before visiting the office so you come prepared with questions. When going over the details of the procedure, be sure to discuss the following items:
• Know whether you are a good candidate for the procedure
• Ask about the benefits that you will receive
• Be sure to listen to the risks involved
• Talk to the doctor about the type of anesthesia required
When you arrive for a consultation, you may be required to present your medical history information. Be sure to provide all the necessary details, including any health problems that your immediate family has experienced. Also, never forget to disclose the list of supplements and medications that you are currently taking. (Tip: Use your phone to take pictures of all the medications you take, so that you’ll easily be able to access dosage information.)
What to Talk to Your Doctor About?
Any facial cosmetic procedure is a serious step and it is critical that you discuss your goals thoroughly with Dr. Boggess or any other doctor. During your consultation, you should provide the following pieces of information:
• Motivation: Explain why you want to undergo the procedure. Most people opt for surgical treatment because they want to refresh their appearance. Perhaps you are hoping for an increase in your confidence after the procedure.
• Expectations: This part is the most crucial of all. You must talk about the results that you desire. At the same time, Dr. Boggess will give you a realistic outcome for the procedure. While Dr. Boggess can make you look younger, you should not expect miracles. He will simply take what you already have and fine-tune it.
• Emotions: If you have doubts and concerns, now is the best time to speak up. Dr. Boggess will talk through these emotions with you to ensure that the procedure is the best fit for you.
Dr. Boggess and his esteemed medical staff will be with you every step of the way on this journey. He is also available to answer questions or give advice on what you should do. Give Youthful Reflections a call today at (615) 942-8016 to schedule a consultation so you can determine which facial cosmetic procedure is right for you!