Are you interested in improving your skincare routine or seeking to preserve and extend the results of facial plastic surgery? Following a daily skincare program with ZO® Skin Health products can keep your skin looking healthy and youthful—at all stages of life.
What Makes ZO Products So Effective?
World-renowned dermatologist Dr. Zein Obagi developed the ZO Skin Health skincare line with the philosophy that products should be seen as part of a comprehensive skin health regimen. Most skincare products focus only on improving the skin’s appearance. ZO Skin Health takes a different approach, seeking to create long-lasting changes at the cellular level. This not only helps your skin look better in the short term but also addresses damage to all layers of skin by stimulating the regeneration of healthy skin cells. This corrects existing complexion flaws and reverses signs of aging.
You can read more about the benefits of using medical-grade products for your daily skincare regimen in one of our earlier blog posts.
Creating a Skincare Regimen
There isn’t a one-size-fits-all skincare routine. People seeking guidance in online forums about what products to use often get unsatisfactory results because the answers don’t know the unique qualities of their complexion. That’s why ZO Skin Health emphasizes a customized skincare approach. It offers various product lines and regimens backed by clinical studies tailored to specific skin types, concerns, and goals. This individualized approach allows users to address their unique skincare needs more effectively.
How Do I Use the ZO Daily Skincare Program?
Even though the specific products you use should be customized for your needs, the ZO Skin Health daily skincare program involves specific steps for optimal results.
Here’s a look at the step-by-step approach employed by the ZO Skin Health skincare program:
- Cleanse: Our skin accumulates dirt throughout the day caused by environmental pollution. Gently cleansing in the morning before you apply makeup and then again at night is an essential element of a healthy skincare routine. Never wear makeup to bed.
- Exfoliate: Remove dead skin cells that can clog pores by using an exfoliating polish twice a week.
- Tone: Follow cleansing and exfoliating your face with a toner to restore your skin’s natural pH balance. A toner tightens pores, removing excess oil that can clog them and trigger acne breakouts. Without toning, your skin will be too weak, rough, and dry after cleansing.
- Nourish: ZO’s serums deliver high concentrations of beneficial ingredients, such as vitamin C, that boost your skin’s health and appearance. We can recommend serums for specific skin types.
- Moisturize: After cleansing, exfoliating, and nourishing your skin, lock in all of those beneficial elements with the appropriate moisturizer for your skin type.
- Protect: Sun damage is one of the primary causes of rough, wrinkled skin. Applying a quality sunscreen from ZO at least once daily—whether sunny or not—should be a habit. Wearing a wide-brimmed hat and avoiding direct sunlight as much as possible are other ways to protect the skin.
What About Caring for Skin Conditions?
In addition to daily skincare products, ZO offers medical-grade treatments that address specific issues such as acne, melasma, rough skin, wrinkles, and other conditions that mar your complexion. Some products require a prescription and may include in-office treatments such as chemical peels, followed by products used at home.
The ‘Continuum of Care’ Approach
An effective skincare routine includes periodic appointments with a skincare specialist who can fine-tune your regimen as needed. Dr. Boggess is a double board-certified facial plastic surgeon and creator of the Youthful Reflections line of skincare products. He and his team have helped countless patients achieve smoother, younger-looking skin. You can schedule an appointment at our Nashville practice by calling (615) 942-8016 or using the online form to request a consultation.