During the pandemic, people are using video call platforms such as Zoom to work from home and connect socially with family and friends. These up close and personal meetings are leading many to people to analyze their facial features more than ever—and decide to fix those that make them self-conscious.
We’re seeing more people coming in who want to address aesthetic concerns with both nonsurgical and surgical procedures, such as microneedling, neck lifts, and eyelid surgery, at our Nashville, TN, practice. In this blog post, I’ll explain how these procedures can help you look your best whether you’re FaceTiming a friend, on a conference call, or making a quick run to the supermarket.
Which Procedure Is Right for You?
Sometimes a specific procedure produces the best results when it’s combined with another treatment. The approach I take is to consider the face as a whole and how one area of the face influences the appearance of other areas. As a double board-certified facial plastic surgeon, I recommend treatments after a consultation during which I evaluate the patient’s facial anatomy and listen to the specific concerns described by her or him.
Here are some of the procedures that can create excellent results as standalone procedures or when they’re combined with other facial rejuvenation treatments.
- Microneedling: This popular, minimally invasive treatment improves the skin’s texture and minimizes fine lines and wrinkles by stimulating the production of new collagen. Even though do-it-yourself microneedling rollers are available at stores, they don’t actually create the micro-channels that trigger collagen production, so the results are minimal. After using the microneedling device, we apply nourishing creams and serums that the skin efficiently absorbs.
- Upper and lower eyelid surgery: The new norm of wearing masks draws even more attention to our eyes. Droopy upper eyelids and puffy lower lids, along with dark circles, can communicate that you’re tired, worried, or not alert even when you’re rested and refreshed. Blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery) can restore youthfulness to your eyes without looking unnatural, as you can see in the before-and-after photos of upper and lower eyelid surgery patients.
- Jawline-defining procedures: We often think of injectables only as wrinkle-reducing treatments, but dermal fillers and neurotoxins such as BOTOX® Cosmetic can help enhance the jawline’s definition without surgery. Fillers injected at the jawline can improve its angularity, especially for people who need minimal jaw enhancement. BOTOX injected into masseter muscles (the ones you feel when clenching your teeth) has a slimming effect that gives the face the desirable V-shape.
- Chin Augmentation: A “weak” or recessed chin is a feature that bothers both men and women. Using synthetic implants customized for each patient, I can create a more prominent chin that is in harmony with the rest of a patient’s face. To place the implant, I make an incision inside the mouth or a very small one under the chin that’s barely perceptible.
- Facelift/Neck Lift: My Reflection Lift represents a unique approach to facial plastic surgery that involves tailoring a surgical plan to meet the patient’s needs. I’ve refined the Reflection Lift during my 20-year career, and I believe the before-and-after photos of my patients are testaments to the remarkable results it produces.
If you have questions about any of these procedures or you’re looking for a facial plastic surgeon in the Nashville area, please contact us using the online form to request a consultation or call us at (615) 942-8016 to schedule an appointment.