If you are considering having a facelift, you will want to know more about the healing time and recommendations for the best results. Dr. Boggess and the staff at Youthful Reflections want you to know about some things to do and to not do, after you have had a procedure.
What to Expect
There are some typical things that you can expect after your lift. They include:
- Mild to moderate pain
With a bit of knowledge of what to do and not do, healing time will be shortened, and discomfort eased.
Things to Do
- Have an adult stay with you for the first 24 hours. They can provide transportation, help with food preparation, and assure that medications are taken properly and postoperative instructions are followed.
- Rest with your head at an elevated level to help minimize swelling.
- Take the medication for pain as recommended by the doctor.
- Apply cool packs to reduce the swelling and help ease the pain in the surgical area.
- Wear compression wrap as recommended by the doctor.
There are other things that you can do to make life easier after your procedure.
- Wear clothing that buttons in front, rather than clothing or sweaters that pull over the head.
- Follow the instructions on when you can shower and shampoo your hair.
- Follow all wound care instructions.
A few weeks later, you can change your hairstyle to hide any remaining remnants of the incisions. Delay parties and social events until you feel and look your confident best.
Things to Not Do
- Do not use makeup during the first week after surgery.
- Avoid pressure around the incisions.
- Avoid and restrict physical activity for several days after surgery. Avoid bending and lifting heavy objects for about two weeks.
- Do not color or bleach hair for at least four weeks.
- Avoid direct exposure to the sun at the incisions; use a 30-SPF sunscreen or higher.
- Avoid bumping or hitting your face and neck.
The tightness of the bandage is meant to minimize swelling and bruising. It is usually removed shortly after surgery.
By following these recommendations after your facelift, you will have a shorter recovery time and will feel better more quickly. Try not to skip meals, as good nutrition will aid in healing, and drink plenty of fluids to avoid dehydration. By following these suggestions and the doctor’s orders, you will be on your way to being more beautiful more quickly.
Youthful Reflections offers a wide range of services that are both surgical and non-surgical procedures. These include:
- Brow Lift
- Upper Eyelid Lift
- Lower Eyelid Lift
- Facial Fat Grafting
- Chin and Cheek Implants
- Peri-Oral Rejuvenation
- ZO 3-Step Peel
- Injectables & Fillers
- PRP with Microneedling
- Fractional CO2 Laser Skin Resurfacing
The staff at Youthful Reflections and Dr. Boggess are here to answer any questions or concerns you may have regarding your facial procedure.
Please note: Individual results may vary, as individuals differ, and results may not be the same for everyone.